The Blue and Gold

The Student News Site of South Shore PK-8

The Blue and Gold

The Blue and Gold

Naramore Artshow
Naramore Artshow
June 13, 2024

Why Middle Schoolers Shouldn’t Skip Class

Today, I want to talk about something important: why middle schoolers shouldn’t skip class. Ms. Naz said, “They miss out on the opportunity for learning and students already have little time for work and they’re grades are suffering and their connections with their peers.” Ms. Jasmine added on to that by saying “They are an important part of learning, and if they skip, they might miss out on opportunity to prepare for future tests and lessons.”

First, school is super important. It’s where we learn all kinds of cool stuff like math, reading, and science. If we skip class, we miss out on learning new things that can help us in the future. Plus, our teachers work hard to teach us, so it’s unfair to them if we don’t show up.

Second, skipping class can get us into trouble. If we’re not in class, we might miss important announcements or assignments. Then, we’ll fall behind and it’ll be hard to catch up. And if we keep skipping, we could get in big trouble with our parents or even the school.

Also, when we skip class, we’re not just hurting ourselves, we’re also hurting our classmates. Our teachers must spend time helping us catch up instead of teaching everyone else. And if we’re not in class, we are not participating in group activities or discussions, which can be fun and help us learn more.

Finally, going to class is part of being responsible. When we skip, we’re not being responsible for our own learning. Plus, if we get used to skipping now, it might be harder to go to class when we’re older and have even more responsibilities.

So, let’s all make a promise to go to class every day. It’s the best way to learn, stay out of trouble, help our teachers, support our classmates, and be responsible. Plus, we’ll have a lot more fun learning new thing together!