The Blue and Gold

The Student News Site of South Shore PK-8

The Blue and Gold

The Blue and Gold

Naramore Artshow
Naramore Artshow
June 13, 2024

Summer/Winter Olympics

Summer/Winter Olympics

SUMMER/WINTER OLYMPICS

The Summer Olympics will be taking place this year in Paris. Some other cities that will be the hosting city for the Winter and Summer Olympic is Milan–Cortina d’Ampezzo for the 2026 Winter Olympics, Los Angeles for the 2028 Summer Olympics, and Brisbane for the 2032 Summer Olympics. International Olympic Committee is the system that decide where the Olympic going to be at, our modern Olympic began in 1896. Since then, the summer and winter usually celebrated a four-year period known as an Olympiad; summer and winter games are normally held in staggered even years. There have been 29 Summer Olympic games that were held in 21 cities, and 24 Winter Olympic games held in 21 cities. Host cities will be selected by the IOC (International Olympic Committee). Any city that wants to be a host must apply to become the host city.

During this Summer Olympic (2024), there will be 32 sports including 4 additional sports, some added for this Summer Olympic is surfing, skateboarding, and sport climbing. The Olympic Games will take place from 26 July to 11 August 2024.