The Blue and Gold

The Student News Site of South Shore PK-8

The Blue and Gold

The Blue and Gold

Naramore Artshow
Naramore Artshow
June 13, 2024

Students Recognizing Teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week

What is Teacher Appreciation Week? Teacher Appreciation Week starts on May 6th and ends on May 10th. Teacher Appreciation Week is a week dedicated to appreciating the teachers at your school. By showing gratitude, you are showing your teachers that you respect and appreciate them. For Teacher Appreciation Week, we interviewed a few students to see who’s their favorite teacher and why. We interviewed a total of 2 students (7th and 8th graders), and this is what they had to say.

One of Najah’s (8th grader) favorite teacher is Ms. Steere. Ms. Steere teaches 7th and 8th grade Core Math. Ms. Steere is Najah’s favorite teacher because she describes Ms. Steere as a nice person, and they get along a lot. Some aspects of Ms. Steere that make Ms. Steere Najah’s favorite teacher are that Ms. Steere is a caring person, she thinks of Najah all the time. If Ms. Steere sees something that Najah may like, she gets it for her because it reminds her of Najah. Najah also mentions how Ms. Steere is a cool person and is good at everything. Najah appreciates everything that Ms. Steere does for her. Ever since last year, Ms. Steere has been her favorite teacher.

One student, Nohea, (7th grader) said Ms. Rabel is his favorite teacher. Ms. Rabel is a PE teacher, this is what he said, “I have known her since 4th or 5th grade,” he said. He likes Ms. Rabel because he knows her outside of school. What he said he likes about that teacher was that she is nice, and she lets him get equipment from the storage closet. And he said that he thinks others would agree with him because Ms. Rabel is respectful, and chill and a lot of other people respect her.

In conclusion, Teacher Appreciation Week is important because you are showing appreciation to the teachers that are always helping you making sure you get better at subjects and teaching you about life and make you think about things that you do not even notice. Though they may seem annoying to some students. the end they are just doing their job as teachers and care about our education so we should appreciate them.