The Blue and Gold

The Student News Site of South Shore PK-8

The Blue and Gold

The Blue and Gold

Naramore Artshow
Naramore Artshow
June 13, 2024

Let’s Keep Our Middle School Clean 

Getty Images
Mother and kids are picking up the garbage to clean up the forest

Today, I want to talk about something that’s super important: keeping our middle school clean and being good role models for the little kids. 

First off, I’ve noticed that sometimes there’s trash on the ground at my school. It makes me sad because it doesn’t look nice, and it’s not good for the environment. Plus, it can be dangerous for animals who might eat the trash by mistake. So, I think we should all do our part to keep our school clean by throwing our trash in the trash cans. 

But it’s not just about picking up trash – it’s also about being good role models for the little kids. You see, when the little kids see us throwing our trash away and keeping our school clean, they’ll want to do the same. Mr. Washington, one of South Shore’s Custodians, said, “if they clean up behind them self it will affect on their pears around them and keep a safer environment.” And that’s really important because we want everyone to take care of our school and our planet. 

So, here are some things we can do to be better role models: 

1. Always throw our trash in the trash cans. If we see trash on the ground, we can pick it up and throw it away too!
  2. Encourage our friends to keep our school clean. We can remind them to throw their trash away and pick up any trash they see.
  3. Be respectful of our school and our environment. That means not littering and taking care of the things we use, like our school supplies and lunch boxes.
  4. Talk to the little kids about why it’s important to keep our school clean. We can explain to them how littering is bad for the environment and why we should all work together to keep our school clean and safe.

By doing these things, we can show the little kids that we care about our school and our planet, and we can be good role models for them to look up to. So let’s all work together to keep our middle school clean and be the best role models we can be!