The Blue and Gold

The Student News Site of South Shore PK-8

The Blue and Gold

The Blue and Gold

Track Status
Track Status
May 3, 2024
Grading System
Grading System
May 3, 2024
Earth Day
Earth Day
May 2, 2024

Tardy Sweeps

Tardy Sweeps

What is a tardy sweep?

A tardy sweep is when a student does not make it to class on time and staff gets the student and have them take accountability on why they were late to class by making them call their parents.

How tardy sweeps work.

South Shore has just implemented this into the school to get students on time to their class. We interviewed Ms. Jessica (attendance) on how tardy sweeps work. If a student gets caught in a tardy sweep they will have to go and call their parents to explain what happened and why they were late, the reason for this is so students take accountability.

The consequences for getting caught in tardy sweeps are the 1st time you get caught it is a call home, the next time you get caught in a tardy sweep it becomes lunch detention. Ms. Jessica says that tardy sweeps have been working to get kids on time and kids have fewer tardies.

One reason tardy sweeps were implemented into our school was so that kids could cut down on missing assignments, so they are not overwhelmed with assignments. Our school attendance team produced this idea to help students get on time for class and succeed for school.