The Blue and Gold

The Student News Site of South Shore PK-8

The Blue and Gold

The Blue and Gold

Naramore Artshow
Naramore Artshow
June 13, 2024

Nurse Hilary Cares for South Shore Students

Nurse Hilary would say that her experience at South Shore has been great, she mentions how working in the Nurses office has been very busy. Nurse Hilary talks about how we have the best kids, and that’s what makes South Shore different from other schools. This year will be Nurse Hilary’s 3rd year working as South Shores Nurse. She remembers the first time she came to visit; she came to visit at the end of the school year before she had started, and met with Mr. H. But since this time period was during Covid, so there were very few students that came back. This was when students and staff members were transitioning back from Covid. And so then, Nurse Hilary got to walk around the building and see kids during the end of the day, even when there weren’t many kids. Nurse Hilary enjoys working as South Shore’s Nurse because she states, “It’s fun, and the kids, I love the kids…”. She loves being able to help take care of the kids, getting to know them, and being able to watch them get older and grow up! Nurse Hilary doesn’t know if she would consider working in the Nurses office a peaceful environment because it gets very busy a lot of the time and it is right under the music room, so sometimes it gets noisy. But she tries to make it peaceful for the kids. A typical day for Nurse Hilary would be just taking care of kids back-to-back, all day long. She tries to help kids feel better and get them back into class. She mentions how it can be a hard job, because it is so busy and because we have kids that are 3 years old all the way up to 15 years old, so that’s a big range.